Welcome to Central Valley Senior Services
Finding the right caregiver can be a difficult and daunting process. Most seniors and their families do not
know how or where to even begin, what questions to ask, what qualities to look for, or what to do if they are
having problems with their caregiver. Often times, those hiring a private caregiver will do so without
requiring a criminal background check. The staff at Central Valley Senior Services (CVSS) has the experience
and knowledge in screening, hiring, training, and supervising caregivers.
- CVSS caregivers are our employees, we are responsible for paying them and all payroll benefits and deductions.
- They are insured by our agency (comprehensive, general liability, professional liability and Worker’s Compensation).
- We require proof of personal automobile insurance and current driver’s license on an annual basis for all staff and volunteers providing transportation.
- We require a minimum of 2 years of experience and 2-3 references.
- We require a minimum of 2-3 years of experience and 2-3 references.
- All CVSS employees and volunteers have been cleared through LiveScan, which is an electronic fingerprinting process and criminal record check conducted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- LiveScan notifies CVSS immediately of any arrests and what the charges are.
- Caregivers are trained and supervised on an ongoing basis by our professional staff.
- All employees and volunteers of CVSS are required to wear company issued photo ID badges when visiting or working with you.
- Caregivers are required to participate in a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education/training per year.
- Should for any reason you are not satisfied with your caregiver, we will work with you to identify the issues and make every effort to resolve them. If a resolution is not found, we will assign you a new caregiver.
- You are not required to sign a contract with CVSS and can terminate services at any time.
- We strongly encourage you to contact us immediately if you have any questions or concerns.
- We comply to all Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations, which provides you with the right to privacy.
- Prior to start-up of services an Intake Meeting will be conducted at no cost to you.
- We look forward to working with you!
We currently cover the San Joaquin County area but plan to expand our services into Stanislaus
County in the summer of 2014.
To qualify for our services, minimum age requirements vary from age 50 to 65 years old
depending on funding source. Please call our office at (209) 890-1300 for more information.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Central Valley Senior Services is committed to the practice of equal employment opportunities for all its employees and to providing a
work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on the needs of the business,
job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin,
sex, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or
domestic partnership status, or any other status protected by the law. Central Valley Senior Services will not tolerate discrimination
or harassment based on these characteristics or of any kind.